Duties and responsibilities
- interview visitors of the Medvednica Nature Park
- deliver completed surveys to the designated areas
- provide the leader with the information on the number of
- process and enter data in the appropriate table
Number of positions
7 to 10
From April to November.
During the week six hours per day for two day period from
9:00 am till 3:00 pm.
Saturdays and Sundays, six hours from 10:00 am till 4:00 pm
(the most frequent locations in Nature park Medvednica)
- computer literacy
- at least a completed secondary education
- love spending time outdoors
- a team player and sociable
- kind, eloquent with excellent communication skills
- physically fit – comfortable with shorter walks
- knowledge of the English language
Considering the fact that the majority of the Park visitors
in September and October are domestic, the volunteering of foreign interviewers
does not fit into the job description – unless they speak and understand
Croatian well and are willing to arrange their own housing.
Volunteering with a disability
The volunteering position is not suitable for people with
Collecting data from visitors will be conducted in the whole
park. Upon completing surveys, volunteers will work in the Park headquarters to
process the survey data.
Accommodation is not provided and volunteers will need to
arrange their own housing.
Food is not provided and volunteers will need to arrange
their own meals.
Transport to the Park center and volunteering location (the
Veternica Cave) is ensured by the official Park vehicle. Volunteers have to
arrange the return to their housing.
- enjoy walks in the natural and well-preserved woods which
cover over 80% of the Park area
- hike on some of the 72 hiking trails of various
difficulties and varied landscapes
- ride on 8 circular cycling routes
- walk along educational trails and the Bliznec forest road
which is suitable for people with disabilities, for those not willing to walk
buses have easy access to the area
- have a bite to eat and rest in one of the mountain lodges,
hospitality facilities or stay at one of two hotels (for those who wish to stay
- in the winter you can ski on the route where the Snow
Queen Trophy race takes place (route made famous by Janica and Ivica Kostelić)
- visit the main tourist attractions of Medvednica: the
Veternica cave, the Zrinski mine, and Medvedgrad
- attend Medieval Days on Medvednica which takes place in
September of each year
Why volunteer at our Park
- by volunteering on Medvednica you will familiarize
yourself with a wide range of cave visitors and based on their experiences and
satisfaction contribute significantly to the quality of the presentation of the
natural riches of Veternica
- to enhance communication skills and familiarize yourself
with the structure of the visitors of the Park and the work of the Public
- by spending time outdoors and actively taking part in
various aspects of working in the Public Service you will give your
contribution to protecting and preserving Medvednica
Due to the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, applications
to the volunteer program are currently not possible.
Contact Andreu Kostelić, the head of the department of the
promotion, education, and interpretation department at the Medvednica Nature
Park by filling in the form. Andrea, Sanja, or Denis will contact you with
further information or apply you for volunteering if you are interested (and if
there are positions available)!